Tuesday 2 December 2014

Time Machine Syndrome

One of the hardest things about a diet is that in order to be successful, it requires total focus and commitment to where you want to be in the future. However, in doing this, it’s important not to lose touch with the present.

I know that in the perfect world, we'd all want to be able to step into a time machine and simply step out of it when we reach our goal weight. While time machines don't exist, one of the worst traps anyone can fall into is not living life in the present. Yes, keep your eyes focused on the prize, but don't forget to start living now too.
I know for myself, I said things like...When I reach my goal weight, I'm going to...

1. Look up old friends... 2. Ask for a promotion... 3. Go dancing... 4. Do something nice for myself... 5. Go on vacation...

The bottom line is that while it’s great to have goals...Don't forget to start having some fun and live life now. Take it from me...I made the mistake of putting many things on hold while I was losing my weight. And, while reaching my goal weight was fantastic, I could have done a much better job of living my life at the time.

Bottom line...Life's too short not to start enjoying it right now!! Stick with your goals, but don't make the mistake of falling into the time machine syndrome.

Hamilton Erridge

No comments:

Post a Comment