Tuesday 2 December 2014

Being Greeted As a Heavier Person

It never ceases to amaze me how thinner people think it’s alright to say to a larger man...."Hey Big Guy." Now, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not the overly sensitive type, but this greeting has always struck me as a back-handed compliment. In fact, through the years I got so sick of hearing people say this that I included it as one of my weight loss goals. I personally vowed that I would get to the point that no one would ever be justified again in saying this to me. So, you can imagine my amazement when I reached my weight loss goal and someone said..."Hey Big Guy."

Thankfully, as I smiled and walked away from them thinking that perhaps my weight loss goal wasn't low enough, they responded, "I guess I can't really say that anymore."

- Hamilton Erridge, President of New Lifestyle Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment