Tuesday 2 December 2014

Confronting Your Inner Dialogue


One of the most important things to learn how to do on your diet is to overcome your "inner dialogue". We all have self-statements that we say to ourselves throughout the day, that cause us to take action or not take action on things. In fact, our "inner dialogue" is an amazingly powerful thing. But, if our "inner dialogue" is negative, it can have negative impacts. And, this can be especially true when you are on a diet. For example, have you ever said the following statement to yourself?

“I’ll never be able to lose weight?”
“These snacks are my favorite; I can’t resist them.”
“I look like a fool when I exercise…I won’t do it.”
“I don’t like the taste of the shakes…I can’t do this.”
These are all classic examples of negative self-statements. And, as you know, they can severely impact your weight loss efforts.  Surprisingly, all failed diets can be traced back to someone starting with a negative thought, and then acting upon it.

- Hamilton Erridge, President of New Lifestyle Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment