Sunday 30 November 2014

My Excuses for Eating and Excuses for Getting Caught

The following were my top 5 excuses for sneaking food and top 5 excuses for when I got caught:

Top 5 Excuses for Food:

5. Being helpful and picking up items at the grocery store, so that I could pick up something to eat on my way home.
4. Being helpful and going over to the bread section at our grocery store, so that I could hit the bakery and grab a few sample cookies.
3. Picking up some coffee at 7-11, and then picking up some chips or sandwiches.
2. Picking -up Chinese food on my way home from dinner. Then when arriving at the Chinese restaurant, I would give the waiter my secret head nod to signal they should put an extra order of egg rolls in the bag. A guy needs a little survival food for the long drive home.
1. To be helpful by offering to bring my wife something to eat in bed at night, simply for the excuse of going down stairs to eat something.
Top 5 Excuses for When I Got Caught:
5. "Those aren't chips down the front of my shirt, I was simply trying a free sample at the grocery story and I spilled one of them down the front of me."
4. "Those aren't my empty sandwich and cookie wrappers in the car, I was driving the guys to a meeting today and they left their stuff behind."
3. "I didn't finish the ice cream. It had freezer burn so I tossed it out."
2. "What do you mean two orders of egg rolls on the bill? We only had one!! Perhaps, they shorted us an order again. I'll talk to them later. No way, I'm driving back down and complaining about it tonight."
1. "Have I eaten yet? No, I've been waiting for you to get home first."
Uggggg!!!

-    Hamilton Erridge

No comments:

Post a Comment